Untitled-3

Thursday 19 March 2015

Holly Park Primary School Workshop for Parents and Pupils


Year 5 – Tuesday, 30th September 2014


Feedback from Parents:
¨       A fun way to learn. Inspired me to take a different approach.
¨       Good.
¨       Great fun, thank you so much.
¨       Superb way of teaching maths! ‘All’ the kids really involved. 10/10.
¨       Really enjoyed this workshop. Excellent ideas to encourage reluctant “maths” kids. Will be doing all these games at home. Thank you for the idea on making math FUN!!
¨       Fantastic workshop.
¨       Thank you for a lovely workshop. It was useful and gave me some ideas for my daughter.
¨       It was very nice and we enjoyed it.
¨       Ocean Maths is the best.
¨       Lots of fun, they enjoyed it.
¨       Very interesting and good fun but maybe better in smaller groups as it was very loud.
¨       I think it was really fun and I enjoyed it.
¨       Fun and good, I won Bingo.
¨       It was really fun and I enjoyed it.
¨       Ocean Maths workshop was fun. Both the children and parents enjoyed it. Group work is very helpful to the children and must be on regular basis.
¨       Very good fun and got the kids interested.
¨       This is great fun to enjoy and learning and to just have great time.
¨       It was fun but needed more time and would be better in smaller group.
¨       Good fun. Not enough time for all the games. Need better prizes for the Bingo winners.
¨       Fun and engaging.
¨       Interactive.
¨       Fun.
¨       I find the method funny and stimulating. It was fun and I had a great time. J

Feedback from Children:
¨       Very fun maths, thanks.
¨       It was sometimes very easy and I had lots of fun!
¨       I think Ocean Maths is a fun way to learn. Thank you.
¨       This lesson was very very fun and we loved the games. We love Ocean Maths.
¨       I had good fun. J
¨       Ocean Maths was fun and I like a lot and it was the best time.
¨       I think it went really well the Ocean Maths. I would like to do it again.
¨       Ocean Maths is the best.
¨       Ocean Maths is fun.
¨       Ocean Maths is fun with lovely games. I hope we do this more.
¨       Ocean Maths is really fun.
¨       Ocean Maths is so much fun and funny.
¨       I liked the games. It was very fun. I would like to come again.
¨       I found it very fun and I would like to do it again!


Year 2 – Thursday, 9th October 2014

Feedback from Parents:
¨       Very interesting! Even I struggled with the numbers, so maybe we will all be learning Ocean Maths in my house looking forward to it.
¨       Workshop was fun!
¨       It was different way to study. It was interesting today. My son this way to some hard.
¨       Very fun not like when I was in school! J More teachers to recap at individual tables, acoustics made it difficult to hear, lovely games, games we were able to understand.
¨       Some fun, interactive games which are a good way to learn maths. Liked the hand game & 4 in a row. Thought first the game was too hard for Yr. 2 & pace too quick.
¨       Great activities and we will enjoy the games at home but too noisy! My child has a mild hearing loss and simply couldn’t hear properly in such a big group.
¨       It’s quite fun doing maths this way with kids; they enjoy and don’t get bored. It’s quite learning as well.
¨       Games are enjoyable but more time was needed to play the games.
¨       Very good friendly fun games. Hearing the teacher was very difficult and made the session hard to follow. I conclude that a class half the size would be ideal and going at a much slower pace.
¨       Very helpful in understanding how the pace will be used at home. Children responded well to the competitive games. The noise levels were distracting.
¨       Lovely to see so many people supporting their children with maths, first game was a bit hard and long winded but we both enjoyed the morning. J
¨       It was really interesting, we enjoyed the games.
¨       I couldn’t hear, I didn’t understand all the games. Teachers had to explain at the tables. Games are fun, children liked the games.
¨       Good method. A bit difficult for my child, but I think she will be fine after. We played the game few times.
¨       Player A was too complicates and not fun.
¨       It was very useful. Thanks. But we couldn’t hear properly. Hall was too noisy and kids couldn’t concentrate well. Next time maybe 2 groups will be better.
¨       The workshop was interesting and I think next time it comes again. They should work on the noise in the room.
¨       Very good games, I look forward to playing them at home. Thanks.
¨       Very good fun, I would be happy to do more lessons like this, well done managing so many people.
¨       I found maths workshop very helpful & practical. Especially for parents, how to help their children when they work together at home.
¨       Some good games to play at homeJ!!
¨       I found Ocean Maths enjoyable and fun. My daughter had fun doing the games for once maths was fun!!
¨       We liked the winning hands games! Maya wants to play at home. Thanks.
¨       Lots of fun, a good way to learn through playing games.
¨       Very good, a fun way of learning through games.
¨       Good fun way of learning.
¨       Really interesting, will definitely be using methods at home. Will probably be easier with smaller group in room.
¨       Really great workshop, we enjoyed it very much.
¨       It was amazing and very interesting. We both enjoyed today.
¨       I support this program. It is a great and nice learning program for children and parents. I like it. Thanking lots the authority who arranged the amazing program.
¨       I enjoyed these games. He likes very much and it’s very effective.
¨       We had fun, it was educating for my granddaughter although some of it was a bit difficult.

Feedback from Children:
¨       I was a bit confused but I like it.
¨       It was quite fun and a bit hard.
¨       The workshop was very good.
¨       I like the game.
¨       Helpful and fun.


Year 3 – Friday 10th October 2014

Feedback from Parents:
¨       It was a very productive session. Both adults and kids had a very good time. It was an excellent math exercise.
¨       Great fun had by both myself and my son Calum. Would do this again. GREAT WORK.
¨       I was pleased the way maths is being taught in many different formats.
¨       I thought the session was very interesting and taught me some very useful tactics for helping my son engage with maths in a more fun way. However it has brought to my attention that my son needs some serious additional support with maths so I need to discuss this further. I will speak with teacher.
¨       Was quite fast paced but helpful.
¨       It was very interesting and helpful however it was very quick to follow.
¨       Could not always understand the idea of the games.
¨       Fun and informative workshop. We will definitely play these maths games at home – thank you!
¨       I like the overall idea. They moved through the games so quickly the kids got frustrated as they could not finish each game.
¨       A good session but very quick. The kids don’t get enough time to understand the activity and finish it.
¨       Thank you for every practical method maths. Asayi enjoying Ocean Maths.
¨       Fantastic job. Well done. Thank you.
¨       Fun activity. Highlighted my child’s enthusiasm with maths. A little longer on each activity would have been greater but clearly explained so will continue at home.
¨       The children all seemed to enjoy the activities. Given that they enjoy the games so I would have liked to see a little higher level of difficulty.
¨       A different method for tackling numbers. Very good.
¨       Overall great event to involve parents. 1st exercise was not explained well enough though to know it was the times table. Size of session (no. of children) probably a bit too large. Overall enjoyable.
¨       Great fun ideas to help at home. Reached different levels. More workshops please!!
¨       Fun session, lots of ideas for games and to make maths fun.
¨       Thank you for the opportunity. Activities like this help a lot the kids and the parents. It was really helpful. Thank you very much.
¨       Thank you. As a grandma I found today very enjoyable.
¨       Ocean Maths has been a really valuable and fun experience for the kids to test and enjoy maths. A really great session! Thank youJ.
¨       Ocean Maths was lots of fun and educational. Thank you for giving parents new tools to help our children with maths at home.
¨       Thank you very much for showing us how to work with children, I love this workshop.
¨       Great ideas for games; I would have liked to have had a little more time to play the games. Good pupil involvement and resources which we will definitely be using at home. Thank you.

Feedback from Children:
¨       I had a very good time playing the maths game.
¨       Thank you for teaching us.

¨       I had a very good time. I won the lotto,

No comments:

Post a Comment